The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe...
-- Mike (CEO of Vergence)
Smoked, Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yields approximately 24 cookies
1. 12 ounces white sugar
2. 9 ounces light brown sugar
3. 12 ounces melted butter
4. 22 ounces all-purpose flour or 1:1 gluten-free flour
5. 11/2 teaspoons salt
6. 1 teaspoon baking powder
7. 1 teaspoon baking soda
8. 2 tsp vanilla extract
9. 2 large eggs
10. 2 egg yolks
11. 8 ounces high-quality semi-sweet chocolate
12. 8 ounces rough chopped dark chocolate (629%+ to taste)
13. Flake salt for topping
1. Smoke the flaked salt.
2. Melt butter and smoke it. Cool to room temperature before mixing batter.
3. Combine baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour, and oats in a bowl. Whisk together
to evenly distribute the leavening8
4. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine both sugars with the cooled melted butter.
Mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until fully combined.
5. Add eggS. yolks and vanilla and mix until combined.
6. Add the dry ingredients in two or three additions. Mix only until the dry ingredients are
incorporated. Add chocolate pieces and mix just until spread throughout.
7. Using a 3-ounce scoop, scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Chill, or
even better freeze for 24 hours, on the sheet or transfer to a freezer bag for longer-
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place frozen scooped cookies onto a parchment-lined sheet pan with at least two
inches of space all around them.
3. Top with smoked flake sea salt.
4. Bake until golden brown, and the center of the cookie looks set and no longer wet.
About 23-28 minutes for 3-ounce frozen dough balls. Less baking time will be needed if
baking from refrigerated, fresh or smaller-sized cookies.
Get "cooking" today
Ready to whip up some insurance business value?
Book a consultation with our experts today and see how we can help